Always Stay Safe On Your Trusted Classifieds Marketplace in Nigeria- Adbushi.com
Here on Adbushi.com, we are 100% committed to making your experience of selling and buying, as safe as possible.
Below are simple measures that will help you avoid the most common ways of scams and fraud.
Safety Advice For Buyers:
- Keep things local. Meet the seller in person, check the item and make sure you are satisfied with it before you make a payment.
- Exchange item and payment at the same time. DO NOT make any payments before receiving an item.
- Use common sense! Avoid anything that appears too good to be true, such as unrealistically low prices, promises of quick money, offers to pay for releasing product from customs or whatever else.
- Never give out your financial information. This includes bank account details, eBay/PayPal info, and any other information that could be misused.
SCAMS AND FRAUD TO WATCH OUT FOR
- Fake payment services: Adbushi.com does not offer any form of payment scheme or protection. Please let us know if someone offers such services.
- Fake information requests: We will never send emails requesting your personal details. If you receive an email asking you to provide your personal details, do not open any links. Please report the email and delete it.
- Fake fee requests: Avoid anyone that asks for ANY fees to buy or sell an item or service. Adbushi.com never requests ANY pre-payments from buyers and doesn't allow items that are not located in Nigeria, although we offer advertising services in other African countries where Adbushi is operating (Ghana, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania).
- DO NOT accept requests to use money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. These services are meant for transactions between people who know each other well, not for anyone, and many scams are run through them. Avoid requests to use these services.
Adbushi.com's Safety Measures:
We work continuously to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Our safety measures include:
- Hiding your email address on ads you post to protect you from spam.
- Hiding your phone number on ads you post to protect you from spam.
- Making constant improvements of our technology to detect and prevent suspicious or inappropriate activity behind the scenes.
- Tracking reports of suspicious or illegal activity to prevent scammers from using the site again.
- Manually verifying all Ads posted on Adbushi.com
Reporting a safety issue
If you have been the victim of a scam, please report your situation to us immediately. If you have been cheated, we also recommend you to contact your local police department, or call our Support Team on 08109841531, 08068146261.
Adbushi.com is committed to ensuring the privacy of its Merchants, and therefore does not share information about its users publicly. However, we are committed to the safety of our Merchants, and will cooperate with the police department if we receive any requests for information in connection with fraudulent or other criminal activity.
Safety Tips For Sellers:
- Always provide correct and detailed information
- Answer the buyer's questions to promote his or her interest in your offer
- Be sure about the buyer's identity and purpose before closing deal
- Meet the buyer in person in a public place before closing the deal
- Don't ask for prepayment! You can discuss the cost of delivery, but you can get money from the buyer ONLY AFTER delivery is done!
- Avoid committing something which is not present in the product/service
- Don't disclose personal information unless you are sure about buyer's intention
- Don't be afraid to ask the buyer about his purpose of buying the product
- Avoid meeting the buyer in a secluded area (Public places are recommended)